As you get older, you probably spend more time, energy, and money caring for your skin. It’s important to keep it healthy and radiant, enabling you to look your best and always feel confident. At Northshore Skin Care & Med Spa, we offer a minimally invasive skin rejuvenation treatment called microneedling to help you do just that!
Northshore Skin Care & Med Spa is a medical aesthetic practice serving Covington, LA, and the surrounding area. We offer top-quality cosmetic treatments to help revitalize your skin and give you a younger, more vibrant appearance. Reach out to our specialists to see if microneedling is the right treatment for you.
Reliable Treatments for Reducing Fine Lines and Wrinkles
Has your skincare routine left you frustrated and still unhappy when you look in the mirror? Top-of-the-line facial creams and exfoliants might claim to reduce signs of aging, but you continue to struggle with fine lines and wrinkles. With microneedling, you can enjoy well-rounded skin care without the hassle of a rigid, time-consuming regime.
What Is Microneedling?
Transcutaneous collagen induction therapy (better known as microneedling) is a time-tested cosmetic procedure that we use to treat acne scars, fine lines, wrinkles, and other imperfections. We pass a device with fine needles over your skin and create tiny channels in the outer layer of skin. This stimulates collagen and elastin production—two essential proteins for smoother, firmer skin.
After your procedure, the treated area may look red and irritated. This is totally normal. The redness will fade after a day or two, and you’ll notice instant improvements to your skin.
Patients typically get microneedling for their faces. However, you can use this cosmetic procedure to treat multiple regions, including the back, neck, and legs—almost any area suffering from signs of aging or skin damage.
Is Microneedling Right for Me?
Microneedling is an effective treatment option for many people. It works especially well for patients who have:
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Acne scars
- Discolored skin
- Enlarged pores
- Crepey skin
- Stretch marks
Microneedling has successfully helped many patients achieve healthier, happier skin. However, microneedling might not be the best option for your skin if you have:
- Skin conditions like eczema, psoriasis, and acne
- Highly sensitive skin
- Moles, skin tags, or freckles
- Blood disorders
- Cancer and are taking chemo or radiation
At Northshore Skin Care & Med Spa, we use cutting-edge technology and proven treatment methods tailored to each patient. Our dermatologists will evaluate your skin and help you review your options before starting any procedure. We want you to have peace of mind throughout the process and get the results you’ll love!
What Are the Benefits of Microneedling?
If you struggle with skin blemishes and signs of aging, microneedling could be your number one treatment option. Here are a few reasons to choose microneedling from Northshore Skin Care & Med Spa:
- Fast procedures: Other treatments can take days, weeks, and even months before you see results. With microneedling, a treatment session usually takes between 30 and 60 minutes, and you’ll see results in a few days.
- Minimal discomfort: Microneedling may sound a bit uncomfortable at first. However, our specialists will ensure the procedure goes smoothly with as little discomfort as possible.
- Little to no recovery time: Some cosmetic treatments require extensive preparation and lengthy recovery times. For example, you may need to take pain meds or undergo therapy following a surgical procedure. Microneedling has little to no recovery time, so you won’t miss a beat of your busy schedule.
- Effective results: Microneedling helps your body produce collagen and elastin for firmer, smoother skin. We recommend having at least three treatment sessions for the most effective, long-term results.
Are you looking for a safe, effective treatment option for fine lines and wrinkles? Look no further than microneedling from Northshore Skin Care & Med Spa in Covington, LA! Request an appointment online or call us at (985) 893-7700 to speak with our specialists.