Aging is a natural part of life, but that’s not to say it comes without challenges. The skin on your face may start to lose subcutaneous fat as you age, making wrinkles and crow’s feet more prominent. Wouldn’t it be nice to turn back the hands of time and see a younger-looking, fuller face in the mirror?
At Northshore Skin Care & Med Spa, we offer a wide variety of medical aesthetic services to men and women in the Covington, LA area. Our dermal fillers can reduce signs of aging and revitalize your skin. Contact our specialists to see if dermal fillers are the best treatment option for you!
Put Aging On Hold with High-quality Dermal Fillers at Northshore Skin Care & Med Spa
Facial creams, exfoliation, dietary changes, nutritional supplements, and a rigid skincare routine can take a lot of time and energy. Even then, you might struggle with fine lines and wrinkly skin. With high-quality dermal fillers, you rejuvenate your skin to look your best.
What Are Dermal Fillers?
Dermal fillers are non-surgical procedures that help your skin appear smoother, younger, and fuller. These FDA-approved products have different ingredients and vary in how long the results last. We will review each option with you and help you choose the right product for your preferences and needs.
Our highly trained practitioners offer three types of dermal fillers. These differ according to their ingredients and chemical components.
- Hyaluronic acid: Your body produces hyaluronic acid to help areas like the eyes and joints retain moisture. When injected into the cheeks or lips, it creates a plumping effect that reduces signs of aging. Facial rejuvenation results can last up to 12 months.
- Calcium hydroxylapatite: We often use calcium hydroxylapatite for patients with severe frown lines and laugh lines. These dermal fillers offer results lasting up to 18 months.
- Poly-L-lactic acid: Dermal fillers with this ingredient work well for filling creases and low spots in your facial skin. Unlike other products, these require multiple touch-ups before you see results, but the results may last up to two years.
Who Are the Best Candidates for Dermal Fillers?
If you’re looking for a non-surgical method to boost your skin’s appearance, look no further than dermal fillers! Dermal fillers are the ideal treatment for many patients. They especially work well for people with:
- Moderate to severe wrinkles
- Acne scars
- Lost facial skin fat
- An anti-aging skincare routine that isn’t working
What Are the Benefits of Dermal Fillers?
Our dermal fillers are one of the best ways to help maintain your skin’s vibrance and timeless beauty. Besides improving your overall appearance and boosting self-confidence, dermal fillers also come with the following benefits:
- Little to no downtime
- Minimal invasiveness
- Effective, long-lasting results
- Safe, proven treatment
How Are Dermal Fillers Different from Botox?
You may wonder, “What’s the difference between Botox and dermal fillers?” Both are cosmetic procedures that can help treat signs of aging, such as wrinkles; however, dermal fillers and Botox are two different treatments. Botox is a treatment used to improve wrinkles made by movement. On the other hand, filler is used to improve wrinkles made by volume loss.
Fillers are used primarily in the lower face; whereas, Botox is primarily used in the upper face. Depending on which dermal fillers you select, immediate results could last up to two years. Some patients report bruising, redness, swelling, itchiness, and mild pain after dermal fillers.
Dermal fillers are safe, effective, and have fewer side effects than other, more invasive procedures. Discover the facial rejuvenation benefits for yourself at Northshore Skin Care & Med Spa.
At Northshore Skin Care & Med Spa, our specialists can rejuvenate your skin and restore your youthful appearance. Request an appointment online or call (985) 893-7700 to learn more about dermal fillers in Covington, LA.